Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's day



Slipping
It grows, the foreboding, the anxiety, the morbid anticipation
Slowly shaping into unsubstantial certitude
As i watch you contest against yourself,
Steel yourself against me, build up a resistance.
As you build a case against inopportune feeling, inconvinient feeling.

I feel you slipping away,
Powerlessly, desperately, i watch you drown out truth,
With blaring, insistent apologia.
Resolutely you reason against what you know to be true.
And i can't reach you,
To say i'll demand for no more than that you stay
That i'll be good.

I grope frantically, i try to find a way,
A way to you, to peace.
What ever is wrong can be fixed, i can fix it.
Now it's frenetic, the fear, the anticipation of the end, the frantic groping,
Am losing you!

If you'd speak to me, hear me;
You'd see that the answers are not whence you run
But you don't, you won't
It's from truth that you run

I run after you,
I can reach you if i try, a little harder, i can, i must
I speak but you do not hear me, will not hear me
The engines roar
They ought to stop, they must!
Powerless, desolate i watch you go.

By Kamahoro Peace
Kamahoro is a 23 year old who hopes to be just like me when she grows up. She thinks she's a budding poet of some talent - Slipping is the first draft of her latest work.

2 Comments:

At February 15, 2006 12:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy dear girl. Quite an exquisite poem in my humble opinion. A budding Edgar Allan Poe, perhaps? However i doubt the true identity of the author. Some of the lines such as "The engines roar, They ought to stop, they must!
Powerless, desolate i watch you go."
Sound a bit too familiar- school van ring a bell?

 
At February 16, 2006 4:40 AM , Blogger jinan said...

I aint saying nothing! Okay, i'll say this; maybe the poet and i share the tutsi name,Kamahoro. which means child of peace. She is in effect called child of peace peace, which is grammatically wrong. But i wouldn't go so far as to say that the poem was inspired by the said school van event , unless you know miss child of peace peace?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home