Friday, December 23, 2005

Celebration

Cue Music: It’s a celebration bitches, grab a drink, grab a glass, and then I grab your ass õõõ…
ordinarily Kanye West’s “Celebration” would be the natural choice for cue music for this post; seeing as am sharing my happy circumstance with you and all.
But since watching Oprah Winfrey’s tete a` tete with the cast of the movie Crash, I have had to rethink such leanings. The discussion was characteristic of acute exchanges on racism. Noteworthy, though, was the dispute about the word Nigger/Nigel: A young Caucasian woman asked whether it is offensive to mentally call someone as nigger – A no-brainer if ever there was one: whoever said intelligence or the lack of it is evidenced in the questions rather than the answers, really was onto something! The presiding psychologist, not - thank goodness - Dr Phil, gave the weighty response that his PhD or whatever, uniquely qualified him to give: no. Miss Winfrey then took issue with the coloured people, people of colour, blacks, African Americans’ – take your pick – gratuitous use of the word nigger/nigga. Miss Winfrey’s objection was on the grounds that the word too emotionally charged to be used so flippantly; as is the word bitches I suppose. Luuda, Chris Bridges, to non-hiphop heads and Don “fantastic” Cheadle, defended the practise as an ordinary way of coping with a word that was an instrument for demeaning; by emasculating it. In what must have been an effort of mammoth proportions, Miss Winfrey suffered the impertinence of their disagreement philosophically. The failure to reach agreement leaves me in a pickle: should I or should I not take offence when my friends call me a bitch? Should I cease to call them bitches? Nobody calls me a nigger but should I for future reference take offence if a friend refers to me as such? Shit, what a conundrum!

But I digress bitches or is it ladies and gentlemen, whatever; the object of this post is to share my joy at my good fortune: my lady lumps have doubled in size, and without surgery. My cup overfloweth not but the change is quite remarkable. And to what is this change attributable, you ask. Why, the old fashioned remedy, of course: sleep, and over-eating. Am happy to report that I have, in the last 5 weeks, moved up from 45kgs to 48kgs.

4 Comments:

At December 23, 2005 10:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well well dear girl, nice to see what effect being on vacation is having on you. 3kgs? Impressive! Your cup overfloweth? Hilarious!

 
At December 29, 2005 9:01 AM , Blogger jinan said...

Hey babygal, "Over floweth" is pushing it but it's all relative. Now that i've gained some, let's see if i'll keep it.

 
At December 29, 2005 11:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

'mentally call someone a nigger'...Mufffti wasn't sure exactly what was meant here. Is that like to call someone a 'nigger' in your head? How can anyone take offense unless they can hear your inner monologue?!?

Oh well. You can call Muffti your bitch anytime you like and he promises to just smile and say 'what is thy bidding, master?'

 
At December 31, 2005 8:10 AM , Blogger jinan said...

Yep, it's like calling someone a 'nigger' in your head. And the issue is not that person on the receiving would take offense but that the caller would be troubled by his/her conscience.

Muffti dear, you can be my bitch anytime; oh, the things i'd commando you to do ;-).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home