Friday, November 25, 2005

On how life is

Life sucks: the things we agonize about come to pass, and those that we don’t anticipate knock us over sideways.
Tomorrow’s my cousin Armstrong’s execution , rather, wedding. Unless am desirous of reinforcing my, unmerited reputation for snobbery, and am not, I will attend it. I wasn’t disposed to attending it but my new dress went some way towards reconciling me to the idea. Unhappily, it was a size too big so I had to take it to a tailor for alteration. I was assured that it’d be ready today; it isn’t.
As if it’s not enough that I’ll have to put up with snide remarks about my weight, and my single status; now I’ll have to do it without the armour of my lovely dress. That’s right, sometimes a dress isn’t just a dress. But why, in the 21st century a woman must account for her choices and genes is rather beyond me. Am almost certain that some of my aunties question my sexual orientation but are too prudish to articulate their sentiments. Ah, sweet prudery! How virtuous she makes us feel! Some may have 6% unemployment, space programs, pristine infrastructure, blah, blah, blah; but we have virtue. HIV may be endemic but those damned mosquitos must spread it! But I digress. I’ll probably to the wedding if only because of my insatiable appetite for punishment.
Shabbat Shalom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home